Having a clear, creative, and consistent brand is the foundation for success. In an effort to make your first impression successful, our team ensures that every detail, ranging from your company’s logo to color scheme to paper stock will communicate your vision in the right way. The image you present will help to create an immediate emotional connection with your target audience as well as foster continued loyalty with your existing clients.
OFFSET / DIGITAL / LARGE FORMAT
- Offset Printing provides the best way to produce the highest quality prints for detailed or artistic designs that require greater attention to detail and color accuracy.
- The digital printing process has revolutionized the printing industry by increasing flexibility and significantly reducing costly setup materials.
- Get noticed with large format printing solutions such as banners, signage, wall graphics, and more!
Web & Graphic Design
- Having a clear, creative, and consistent brand is the foundation for success. In an effort to make your first impression successful, our team ensures that every detail, ranging from your company’s logo to color scheme to paper stock will communicate your vision in the right way.
- Every day it becomes more important to have a strong online presence to attract and maintain your customers. At Crown Press, we understand exactly how important having a great website design can be and what it takes to make those designs successful.
- Promotional products benefit your company long term with items customers want to keep. They are better than a business card keeping your company in front of the customer longer with more exposure.
- There are many budget friendly options perfect for your next trade show giveaway or marketing promotion.
- Promotional items are more than just branding, they get you customer leads long after given away. Most people save promotional items for many years keeping your message fresh in their minds.
Direct mail / eddm
- Reach your intended market successfully with Direct Mailing! Whether you want to distribute a postcard, flyer, brochure, or invitation, our team will design a targeted message to maximize the effectiveness of your mailing.
- Every Door Direct Mailing (EDDM) can be perfect for companies who are looking to increase their awareness within a specific area. The US Post Office created EDDM, allowing businesses like yours to distribute advertising materials to all addresses in a carrier route at a discounted postage rate.
I want to be able to write on my product. What type of paper and coating should I choose?
The easiest paper type to write on is uncoated stock, however some Matte/Dull coated products can also be written on. Certain Laminated or UV Coated items can be difficult to write on; however our customer service professionals can help direct you to the perfect paper for your intended use.
What is EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail) and how do I use it?
EDDM is a U.S. Postal Service program developed to help businesses get their promotions and advertisements into the hands of a targeted audience while reducing the cost of preparing and delivering mailing campaigns. It’s the perfect solution for businesses of all sizes, allowing you to target homes in your area or across the country. No mailing list or postage permit is required, which saves you time and money. Contact one of our Customer Service Representatives and we will be happy to get you started!
What is the difference between a standard envelope and a converted envelope?
A standard envelope can be run through the printer already folded and flapped. A converted envelope usually calls for more coverage, therefore it must be printed flat and will be cut and folded after printing. Our printers can handle either type of envelope and can run 1 – 4 colors on these depending on your logo or other art requirements.
What type of files can I send to Crown Press?
We recommend saving as a high-quality PDF. You may also send the file in the following types: tif, tiff, eps. Please only save photographs as JPGs/JPEGs or PSD files at 300dpi.
We prefer that you send PDF with embedded or outlined fonts. PDF’s are easier to handle and will likely speed up your turn-around. Remember to add crop marks and flatten your files before uploading them.
NOTE: PLEASE do not send us art files from Powerpoint, Word, Publisher or any other word processing program. They are not print-ready and an art edit fee may occur depending on the complexity of the correction.
What is color mode and why does it matter?
Setting your color mode in your working file will help the computer communicate to the printer for the most accurate color printing. If you send us an RGB file, there is a chance that a color shift may occur and you may not be satisfied with your job.
You should always start and finish your designs in CMYK color mode.
How do I outline my font?
In Adobe Illustrator, select all of the fonts that are to be printed and in the top bar menu, go Type > Create Outlines.
In Adobe InDesign, select the fonts to be printed and in the top bar menu, with the type selected, go Type > Create Outlines.
Please remember that after you outline type, it is no longer editable and is treated as an object. It is recommended to keep a hidden layer of live text in your file so that it is not printed but still available if the file needs to be edited in the future.
What is bleed? Is it necessary?
“Bleed” is a margin that extends past the cut line to ensure accurate final products. The bleed will be trimmed from the product during the final cutting phase. When the image is required to extend all the way to the edge, bleed is needed to preserve the finished look and the quality of the final product.
Please keep all text at least 0.125″ inside the cut-line. The bleed for Standard Products is 0.125″. We recommend using our templates at all times.
What is Spot UV?
Spot UV is a glossy coating applied to the top of your printed piece to make only certain portions of your card appear glossy in the light. This can create an interesting 3D effect, Shiny Black on Matte Black prints, or can simply accent the pieces of your design that you wish to stand out. Spot UV is a great solution when you need your printed pieces to be eye-catching.
RULES OF PRESS
Please use a CMYK workspace to create your artwork. Don’t forget to set your artwork for 300 DPI (dots per inch) for clearest print resolution. When uploading your artwork, please let us know to expect it. This way if the file never gets here, we can keep you in the loop!
When submitting a PDF, please be sure to flatten your file to prevent any font and image errors. PDF files are the preferred print file format here. Ensure an eighth inch (0.125″) bleed on all sides of your artwork.
Fill out our Web Design Questionnaire and let us help you.